Welcome to the second instalment of my Viewing Gum Listening Post Spotify playlists. Same as before, it’s a mix of old and new, home and abroad, classics and curios, but just a cross-section of some of the songs I’ve been listening to, well, since the last one. Give it a listen!
- The Dø – Dust It Off
- Dirty Projectors – Gun Has No Trigger
- Django Django – Hail Bop
- The Shoes – Time to Dance
- Hot Chip – Night And Day
- Air – Sonic Armada
- Dr. John – Kingdom of Izzness
- David Bowie – Black Country Rock
- The Clash – Hateful
- The Cribs – Come On, Be A No-One
- Squeeze – Up The Junction
- Rufus Wainwright – Out Of The Game
- Best Coast – How They Want Me To Be
- Keaton Henson – You Don’t Know How Lucky You Are
In other news, the latest edition of my Japanese music podcast Tokyo Soundscape has also just made its way online, so why not stick that on your portable music device and enjoy music from the likes of Base Ball Bear, The Polka Dot Fire Brigade, Sexy Synthesizer and a host of other acts with silly names. While you’re there, I also recommend listening to Nordorama, which has a host of great tunes from Norway, Iceland, Denmark, and the like.